In recent days, I feel sure you have heard much talk regarding the situation occurring in Ukraine. I would like to give you a little update straight from a good friend of mine with boots on the ground there, who pastors a wonderful church (Pastor Dmitri, pictured here with his wife, Olga, Phyllis, and myself). We have been in close contact with him regarding the situation in Ukraine, and his reports are far different from the reports being given by the news media.
First of all, for those of you who are praying for the people of Ukraine, be encouraged and know that your prayers are availing much! Listed below are a few highlights from our communication over the past few days…
- The spirit of the Ukrainian people is growing stronger and stronger, and they are seeing how faithful God is. They are experiencing God’s great grace in this war.
- The strong Russian army is a great myth. There are a lot of young guys from Russia who don’t know what they’re doing. They just leave military equipment on the road and run away.
- A whole platoon of Russian intelligence officers surrendered and said they did not want to fight.
- In the American news, they are portraying Russia as strong with beautiful equipment, while Ukraine is weak and some kind of rusty military machine. But in fact, everything is quite the opposite. The Russian army is demoralized, runs away from the battlefield and abandons its old and new equipment because gasoline has run out.
- Thank you for your prayers. I feel great support.
So there you have it…God’s faithfulness and strength is being showcased in the lives of so many of our brothers and sisters in Ukraine. Glory to God! Many of you may remember that several years ago, I was invited to minister in Ukraine after having not been there for 30 years. The ministers’ conference in which I was invited to share was an absolute Holy Ghost demonstration from the moment it began. Then for the following two years, I went back and ministered in other conferences in different areas.
We (the Webb Ministries partner family) sowed MUCH seed into the nation of Ukraine. Not only was the infallible Word of God sown into the hearts of pastors throughout the nation (who then took that back to their respective homes and churches), but financial seed was sown there as well. We sponsored hundreds of pastors to attend the first conference, and then we financed the completion of a church building over there. These are just a few of the things we have been a part of.
When I hear the true reports coming from a man of God over there, I can’t help but praise God! Ultimately, this attack on Ukraine is an attack on the church just like we have seen in America for the past several years. The enemy is doing his best to shut the church down because of the effect it is having in the lives of so many people, but it’s too late! The Word has been sown into good ground there, and according to Mark 4:32, it grows up and becomes greater!
At the beginning of this year, the Lord had me camping out in Psalm 23, and I have been teaching from it consistently in my home church. It contains the picture that God intended for His church whether you live in America, Ukraine, or China!
Psalm 23:1, The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. The Bible is a sheep book. Did you know that there are almost 700 references in the Bible to sheep, a shepherd, or a flock? These references are there because there is a special relationship between a shepherd and the sheep. The literal meaning of “The Lord” here is “I Am.” So, we could read it as, I Am is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
Think about that…I Am is your Shepherd and you shall not want. So many questions are being asked right now, in this day and hour, and the answer to every question is here!
- Is anyone able to bring about peace to protect us? The Lord says, “I am.”
- Is there ever going to be an end to this virus? The Lord says, “I am.”
- With all of the rising prices for necessities of life, will I have the provision I need? The Lord says, “I am.”
No matter what is going on in your life–your job, your health, your finances, your family, your country, your state, or your city–remember that I AM is your Shepherd. If, after all of the changes in our world over the past few years you have disconnected in some way from your local church, then get reconnected. God reserves special things for people who honor what He honors, just as He is honoring our brothers and sisters in Ukraine who have put Him first.
I encourage you to continue to lift them up in prayer, not from a place of fear, but authority! God is using you to help bring about peace and victory in the lives of our family in Ukraine.